Our Quality of Life Scholarship program accepts applications twice a year. The dates are as follows:
- March 1 through May 15. Awards will be issued by June 30.
- September 1 through November 15. Awards will be issued by December 31.
- Scholarship awards will not exceed $1,000.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Scholarships are awarded to individuals with a spinal cord injury – paraplegia and quadriplegia. Individuals with spinal cord disorders are not eligible.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and may be required to provide documentation.
- Applicants must reside in Sacramento County or Yolo County.
- Applicants must request a specific modification, piece of equipment, or service.
Examples of eligible items include wheelchair parts, vehicle modifications, small home modifications, ramps, and other adaptive equipment.
Examples of eligible services include home maintenance or physical rehabilitation costs.
PLEASE NOTE: Scholarship monies are disbursed directly to suppliers of the desired equipment, modifications, or service.
Applicants must complete all questions in order to be considered for a Sacramento Spinal Foundation Quality of Life Scholarship. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Scholarship recipients will be notified by phone or email upon approval.
If applicants do not include up to 2 sales orders for modification or equipment with application. The application will be automatically denied.
The Board of Directors of the Sacramento Spinal Foundation will review each request. All notifications of awards and declinations will be emailed after the Board of Directors have met.
All scholarship applications should be submitted through the online form available HERE.